Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter as an Adjective

There are many holidays that I use as adjectives - but Easter is the first one I remember turning into an adjective. I distinctly remember as a child seeing a pastel plaid on something and describing it as "Eastery."

Easter is always associated with color for me. The pastels and whites of our fancy clothes, the jellybeans and colored plastic eggs, the little delicious, speckled robin's egg candies.

And yes - I'm going to say the controversial word of the day - PEEPS. If you want a laugh today - check out 9 alternative uses for Peeps here.

It's fitting that the time of year (sorry Minnesota) is also filled with color - my sage bloomed in a big way this week, as did my dogwood tree, and bluebonnets line the highways. Yesterday I saw my first goldfinch at the feeder - they are such beautiful little birds.

So when I saw this gorgeous die at Creativation I knew exactly what my Easter Card was going to be.
Hero Arts Clear Stamps, You Are Loved...
[ ELH | HA ]
Alexandra Renke Dies, Panorama Easter...
[ ELH ]
Gel Press 5 x 7 REUSABLE GEL PRINTING...
[ SSS | BLIC ]
Golden Fluid Acrylics - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
Inovart Pro-Roller Brayer
[ BLIC | BLIC ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | MFT | SBC ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer...
[ AMZUS ]
Hammermill Paper, Color Copy Digital,...
[ AMZUS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Sizzix BIG SHOT EXPRESS Gray and...
[ SSS | ART | BMS | CST | SBC ]

I took a Gel Press print I made last week, and added the little bunny artist, adding just a bit of the pink paint in the "sky" I created to his paintbrush and the one in the can, and just a bit of a grey shadow on each of the shapes. The sentiment is from this stamp set.

All of the Renke dies are beautiful, and her Easter collection is amazing. You can see the rest here

You do make this world beautiful, Easter. 

LoveyameanithappyEasterbye.

6 comments:

  1. haaaaaaa. This is gorgeous. The haaaaaa is my thank you for throwing Minnesota in the post. Mother Nature has fallen and cannot seem to get up lately. Oh well, spring will show up, eventually. Until then, Jack Frost is going to continue to sprinkle his magical dust that nobody is interested in anymore. Three more inches predicted for tomorrow morning with an additional frosty one inch layer tomorrow night. Wheeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I thought when I saw your adorable card was of the eyes eggs of my youth. My mom the artist did not abide by plain old dyed eggs. We had very funky eggs with swirls and vibrant colors. Thank you for the stroll down memory lane! Love your card!!XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. I never would have imagined using die cuts in this way. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique card. I love it. And thank you for the valuable information on alternative uses for Peeps. The answer to wobbly tables is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this, Lydia! LOVE! YOU make the world beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...